Landing a job at SpaceX is undoubtedly one of the toughest feats in tech recruiting. Tesla, its sister company, accepts only 0.5% of applicants, a more prestigious rate than Harvard, Princeton, and Stanford. With 1/6 the employees of Tesla, getting a job at SpaceX is even harder.
To succeed in landing a SpaceX job interview, you must first seek to understand Elon Musks’s hiring philosophies.
These Elon Musk quotes best speak to SpaceX’s prestigious culture:
- “A company… is only as good as its people and how excited they are about creating.”
- “Work like hell. I mean you just have to put in 80 to 100 hour weeks every week. [This] improves the odds of success.”
- “[When we] interview people we ask for some evidence of exceptional ability that includes innovation,” “At the interview point, we select for new people who want to create new technology. “
- “Tell me about some of the most difficult problems you worked on and how you solved them.” (World Government Summit – 2017)
- “When sending your resume, please describe a few of the hardest problems you solved & exactly how you solved them”
- “You need to have a super hardcore work ethic, a talent for building things, common sense, and trustworthiness. The rest we can train,”
- “Technology leadership is not defined by patents, which history has repeatedly shown to be small protection indeed against a determined competitor, but rather by the ability of a company to attract and motivate the world’s most talented engineers.”
Think you’ve got what it takes? Find your future here: https://www.spacex.com/careers/
Photo rendering: Mars, NASA© Digital Art: Loles Buforn Starship Launch SpaceX Boca-Chica: De la Fuente Pedro Concept: Roberto Fernandez All rights reserved. RGV.com®